About Scar Revisions at CNY Cosmetic & Reconstructive SurgeryIf you are bothered by a scar, whether from an injury, illness, or surgery, scar revision may make it less noticeable and improve its appearance. In addition to performing cosmetic procedures, CNY Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery is well known across Central New York, including Watertown, Utica, and Syracuse, for advanced scar revision treatment. To learn more about your scar revision options, request a consultation online to meet with Dr. Gregory Baum or Dr. Anthony Deboni – both board-certified plastic surgeons. You can also call our office in East Syracuse, New York at 315.663.0112.
Treatment OptionsSince every scar is unique, our board-certified plastic surgeons in the Syracuse, NY area use a variety of highly individualized treatment options that include:
- Excision: Surgically removes the scar tissue and closes the area with a delicate surgical technique that may leave a finer, less noticeable scar than before
- Excision with radiation: After surgical excision, radiation therapy is used. This may calm the wound healing process and may prevent hypertrophic or keloid scars
- Z-plasty: Surgically alters the scar using angled flaps on either side of the original scar site that can completely reposition or change scar direction
- Cortisone injections: Smooth down elevated scars
- Injectable fillers: Restore volume under indented or depressed scars to raise the area to the level of the surrounding skin