If you are considering cosmetic plastic surgery, choosing your Syracuse plastic surgeon is one of the most important decisions you will make. When chosen well, everything else is likely to fall into place. You will be on your way to the improved look you desire with a trusted and experienced professional to educate and guide you.
Dr. Anthony Deboni and Dr. Gregory Baum both attended medical school at the SUNY Health Science Center in Syracuse, where they also completed their general surgery training. Both doctors traveled to well-respected universities to complete their plastic surgical training and brought that training, knowledge, and experience back to Central New York. They are well-versed in a variety of modern cosmetic techniques and have years of surgical experience. Women and men visit these dynamic board-certified plastic surgeons in the Syracuse, NY area for attractive yet natural-looking improvements and a satisfying patient experience.
Dr. Gregory Baum, MD
Dr. Gregory Baum is a recognized local and regional expert in both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the face and body. He has extensive experience in cosmetic surgery of the breast and body contouring procedures. Dr. Baum has been a guest lecturer on many topics related to cosmetic surgery of the breasts, breast reconstruction, skin cancer treatment, and skin care. He was appointed to the National Advisory Council for Leaders in Breast Aesthetics in 2012 by Allergan. He was sought after for his advice in advancing this science of breast aesthetics; participation in this national forum was by invitation only and was based on overall excellence in plastic surgery and a commitment to superior outcomes. In 2017, Dr. Baum was invited to sit on an advisory panel of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons regarding cosmetic and reconstructive eyelid procedures. He was awarded the American Red Cross “Real Heroes” award in 2007.
- Board Certification: American Board of Plastic Surgery (2003)
- Board Re-Certification: American Board of Plastic Surgery (2013)
- Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons (2004-present)
- Chief of Plastic Surgery: St. Joseph’s Hospital, Syracuse, NY (2001-2004)
- Clinical Instructor of Surgery at SUNY-Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY (2001-present)
- Fellowship: Hand/Microsurgery at the Hand Center of Western NY, Buffalo, NY (2000-2001)
- Plastic Surgery Residency: Lahey Clinic/Harvard Hospitals (1998-2000)
- General Surgery Residency: SUNY-Health Science Center at Syracuse (1992-1998)
- Medical School: SUNY-Health Science Center at Syracuse (1988-1992)
Due to his extensive experience in cosmetic, breast, and body contouring procedures, Dr. Baum and his physician’s assistant, Kristyna Giancola,RPA-C, see patients from throughout the Northeast US and Canada. They truly provide a team approach to the care of their patients. The artistic eye of Dr. Baum and the unique, female perspective of Kristyna combine to provide outstanding results.
Dr. Anthony Deboni, MD
Dr. Anthony Deboni is a recognized expert in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery with particular interest and experience in aesthetic surgery of the breast and body contouring. His notable accomplishments include:
- Board Certification: American Board of Plastic Surgery (2000)
- Board Re-Certification: American Board of Plastic Surgery (2010)
- Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Clinical Instructor of Surgery at Upstate University Hospital, Syracuse, NY (1998-present)
- Clinical Instructor of Otolaryngology at Upstate University Hospital, Syracuse, NY (2000-present)
- Fellowship: Hand Surgery and Microsurgery, University of Rochester, NY (1997 – 1998)
- Residency: Plastic Surgery, University of Rochester, NY (1995 – 1997)
- Residency: General Surgery, SUNY Health Science Center, Syracuse, NY (1990 – 1995)
- Medical Degree: SUNY Health Science Center, Syracuse, NY (1986 – 1990)
Dr. Deboni is a recognized leader in breast and body aesthetic surgery. He came to Syracuse in 1998 and quickly established his expertise in breast surgery, being the first to perform the microsurgical TRAM flap breast reconstruction procedure. Dr. Deboni rapidly became known as a regional expert in breast and cosmetic surgery, and was invited to speak at a several regional and national conferences.
In 1997, he was the first in the area to be awarded appointment to the National Advisory Council for Leaders in Breast Aesthetics (NOVO), and was invited by Allergan Medical to advise on advancing the science in breast aesthetics. Dr. Deboni has continued to evolve his practice, concentrating on breast, body, and facial cosmetic surgery and staying current with the newest techniques.
As a result of his vast experience in breast and aesthetic surgery, he has become widely sought out by patients from throughout the Northeast and Canada. Beth Phillips, RPA-C, works closely with Dr. Deboni, providing a valuable female perspective to the practice. Dr. Deboni’s surgical skill combined with his artistic sense makes him uniquely qualified to provide superior outcomes.