When you choose to undergo plastic surgery in Syracuse, NY, your plastic surgeon selection influences everything from the quality of your outcome to your office experience. Your decision is easier when you have confidence in your surgeon’s credentials and experience.
Many people are not aware that the term “plastic surgery” includes both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. Surprisingly, most states do not require a physician to have specific training in plastic surgery in order to perform cosmetic and reconstructive procedures.
Your chances of having a successful and satisfying experience are increased by choosing a Syracuse plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) and is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). The ABPS is one of only 24 elite medical specialty boards administered by the American Board of Medical Specialties, an organization created to protect patients.
By choosing a surgeon who is an ASPS member, you can be confident that he/she is specifically qualified to perform plastic surgery of the entire body, including the face. All ASPS members must meet the following rigorous requirements:
- Be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Graduate from a four-year accredited medical school
- Complete at least five years of surgical training and experience, two of which must be in plastic surgery
- Pass written and oral examinations in plastic surgery
- Operate only in accredited medical facilities
- Fulfill continuing education requirements and adhere to a strict code of ethics
At CNY Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery, our Syracuse, NY plastic surgeons, Dr. Anthony Deboni and Dr. Gregory Baum, take pride in being American Board of Plastic Surgery diplomates and ASPS members. Their goal is to provide natural-looking enhancements and a rewarding patient experience.