January is National Hobby Month: Why not make your new year hobby good skin care? Yes, skin care can be a hobby! Anything you’re passionate about can become your go-to activity or interest. With skin care, that means creating a regular skin care routine. Developing your daily regimen is one thing but sticking to it may take some effort. Once you’ve found your groove, it’s not only a fun, relaxing process but also a vital way to nurture and nourish your skin’s long-term health and beauty.
It’s important to note: You don’t need a full 10-step regimen to reap the benefits of quality skin care. Even a simple four-step routine in the morning and at night can help cleanse, treat, moisturize and protect your skin — here’s how:
Morning Routine: Laying a foundation
Starting the morning off on the right foot begins with a fresh face. Morning skin care is all about prevention and protection with a good quality cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen.
1. Cleanser. Removes residue that’s formed overnight.
2. Antioxidant serum. Protects against damage and improves common skin concerns.
3. Moisturizer. Hydrates the skin in the form of creams, gels, balms, lotions, etc.
4. Sunscreen. Protects the skin against harmful sun damage.
Night Routine: Just the essentials
Your beauty sleep is so important for skin cell turnover. New cells increase more quickly while you sleep, making it also an ideal time for your nighttime products to do their work repairing and treating your skin.
1. Cleanser. Washes away any lingering dirt and debris from the day.
2. Spot treatment. Treats your specific concerns such as acne or dark spots.
3. Serum. Delivers powerful ingredients directly to the skin to target your specific concerns.
4. Night cream. Repairs the skin with a richer moisturizing formula.
Medical-Grade Skin Care: The key to an effective regimen
You really can’t go wrong with medical-grade skin care by your side. Scientifically designed to promote skin health, we proudly carry SkinCeuticals® products to help prevent future damage, protect from current damage and correct previous damage in a myriad of formulations, including anti-aging creams, facial cleansers, toners, moisturizers and sunscreens. The CNY Beauty Team will help determine which products and regimens are right for your skin care needs and goals during your consultation.
Clinical Skin Care Treatments: Elevating your routine
The best way to dial up the skin-revitalizing benefits of your daily regimen is with professional skin care treatments. As the perfect addition to your beauty routine, we offer the leading technologies and treatments to help you achieve and maintain a youthful glow, including:
● The SaltFacial®. An innovative three-step skin treatment designed to provide healing and intense revitalization anywhere on the body.
● HydraFacial MD®. A multitasking skin resurfacing treatment that combines cleansing, extracting, hydrating, fusing and protecting to reveal smoother, more radiant skin.
● Chemical peels. Exfoliate the outermost layer of skin cells to remove a dull, damaged complexion and reveal the renewed, glowing skin underneath.
● Microneedling. Prompts the skin’s natural healing process to trigger new collagen and elastin growth as well as reveal a brighter, younger-looking appearance.