Did you know that when you’re asleep, your body is fast at work delivering essential nutrients to its organs and tissues and removing excess fluid and toxins? As a result, you wake up with more beautiful skin! That’s right, beauty sleep is a real thing. When you get a good night’s rest, you wake up not only feeling but also looking more refreshed with skin that glows from within.
This National Sleep Awareness Month, we’d like to share how catching your zzz’s every night can impact your skin’s long-term health and beauty:
Poor sleep can result in:
● Dark under-eye circles
● Paler, duller skin
● More wrinkles and fine lines
● Hanging eyelids
● Redder, more swollen eyes
● Droopy corners of the mouth
Good sleep hygiene = good skin
Better quality sleep stimulates regeneration and acceleration of skin cell turnover, meaning as you sleep, your body is shedding dead skin cells and replacing them with younger cells. This process of renewal and repair can result in a brighter skin tone, reduced lines and wrinkles and improved dark circles, not to mention a younger-looking complexion. As your skin rebuilds its collagen, it becomes more elastic and stronger, which helps reduce signs of aging like sagging skin and wrinkles. When you allow your skin cells enough time to regenerate each night, you can improve the longevity of radiant, youthful-looking skin. What’s more, a good night’s rest can lower your cortisol levels, also known as stress hormones. This can reduce the chances of inflammation in the body that may lead to acne breakouts.
Tips for getting your beauty sleep:
● Get at least seven to nine hours of sleep
● Wash your face before bed
● Moisturize to keep your skin hydrated throughout the night
● Incorporate medical-grade skin care products into your nightly routine
Your ideal nighttime product regimen may include:
● Cleanser to get rid of makeup, dirt or debris
● Face serum to refresh the skin’s look and feel
● Lip mask to deliver intense moisture to lips
● Spot treatment to treat acne breakouts
● Eye cream to improve tiredness and fine lines under the eyes
● Moisturizer/night cream to assist with skin repair and hydration
The CNY Beauty Team can help you build an overnight skin care routine that works best for you! To get started on your healthiest, most beautiful skin yet, call (315) 545-5452 or request a consultation online today.