About Photofacials at CNY Cosmetic & Reconstructive SurgeryIn addition to advanced cosmetic and reconstructive surgery services, many people visit us from Watertown, Utica, and Syracuse for skin rejuvenation treatments of all types. BBL/IPL (Broad Brand Light or Intense Pulsed Light) photo rejuvenation can gently restore a fresh, vibrant glow to your skin with no downtime. To find out more about BBL/IPL photo rejuvenation or our many other minimally-invasive Medical Spa treatments, request a complimentary skin care consultation online with our licensed esthetician. You can also call our office in East Syracuse, New York at 315.663.0112.
BenefitsBBL/IPL photo rejuvenation, also called a photofacial, gently reverses early signs of aging on the face, neck, shoulders, chest, arms, and hands. These simple treatments provide many benefits including:
- Improving skin texture and tone
- Diminishing lines and wrinkles
- Correcting uneven pigmentation like age spots and freckles
- Fading redness due to rosacea and visible blood vessels
How It WorksThese gentle treatments effectively rejuvenate the skin without impacting its surface, so you won’t need to wear ointment after your BBL/IPL sessions. The high energy light improves your skin in two ways:
- It is absorbed by highly pigmented areas such as the blood in visible blood vessels or the melanin in sun spots and breaks the pigment down so that it is absorbed by the body.
- Its heat stimulates collagen production, which restores volume under the skin. The added collagen softens fine lines and wrinkles and gives treated areas a youthful fullness.