We’ve made it through a long, challenging winter and it’s time to enjoy the fresh, new feeling of spring! With Vitamin C Day coming up on April 4, we’re excited to discuss how you can reveal a fresh, new complexion with the help of vitamin C. We all know it’s an essential part of any healthy diet because vitamin C helps strengthen your immune system, but did you know that your skin benefits greatly from vitamin C too?
We’re here to share our knowledge so you can take the best possible care of your skin and discover your radiantly healthy complexion this spring and for the long term.
What doesn’t vitamin C do?
You may be wondering what vitamin C does for your skin, but the question should really be “what doesn’t it do?” Vitamin C promotes collagen production by improving cell turnover and regeneration. As an antioxidant, it protects skin cells from damaging free radicals caused by UV exposure. Vitamin C also inhibits melanin production, helping to diminish hyperpigmentation, such as age spots and sunspots, and even out skin tone.
What are the benefits of including vitamin C in your skincare regimen?
Vitamin C has been shown to help:
● Repair and protect sun damaged skin
● Repair collagen loss
● Even out skin tone
● Reduce hyperpigmentation
● Diminish fine lines
● Achieve firmer, more youthful skin
What kind of vitamin C products are recommended by skin experts?
The skincare experts at CNY Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery made sure to provide a variety of medical-grade vitamin C skincare products so you can find the best one for your skin type and goals. If you’re not sure what you need, our team is happy to help you evaluate your skin and determine your ideal products and regimen during a personal consultation. In Syracuse, we proudly offer SkinCeuticals® vitamin C products including:
● C E Ferulic® with 15% L-Ascorbic Acid: A daytime serum for environmental protection, a brighter complexion and to improve skin firmness and fine lines.
● Silymarin CF: As the newest SkinCeuticals vitamin C product, this serum is specially formulated to deliver environmental protection, reduce oiliness and visibly improve skin clarity and fine lines.
● Phloretin CF® with Ferulic Acid: A daytime antioxidant face serum for environmental protection and to diminish the look of fine lines and hyperpigmentation.
● AOX+ Eye Gel: An eye serum-in-a-gel for environmental protection while reducing puffiness, under-eye circles and visible signs of fatigue.
● C + AHA: A two-in-one daytime antioxidant serum for environmental protection and exfoliation.
● And more!
What is the best way to get started with vitamin C skincare this month?
As we mentioned earlier, April 4 is Vitamin C Day. That’s why we’re excited to offer a Vitamin C Pop-Up Sale from April 4 to 9! That week only, when you purchase any SkinCeuticals vitamin C antioxidant, you’ll receive a free Simply Clean Cleanser. If you stop by the office for our Vitamin C Day celebration on April 5 to purchase your antioxidant, you’ll get a free Orange Dreamsicle Cake Pop with your free cleanser!